Killer B Motorsport 4-1 Holy Header 2-Bolt w/Swain Coating Subaru WRX / STI / FXT / LGT / OBXT 2002-2021
The Killer B Motorsport Holy Header was developed using state of the art CAD software & simulations to determine optimal design to increase power as much as possible throughout the rev range. Short as possible primaries with a single secondary significantly decrease header volume allowing exhaust gas pressure to build quickly. Symmetrical 4-1 design maintains high and consistent exhaust velocity as RPMs rise. You can expect faster spool up time compared to long primary/double secondary designs. A difference you will immediately notice in throttle/boost response and the ability to hold more power higher into the revs.
SwainTech Multi-Layer Ceramic Coating will provide extra protection against heat and corrosion. This is a great option because the header is designed around the oil pan, and it will help reduce your oil temperatures for improved performance.
- Cast Collector. The collector is thick walled cast 347 (321) stainless. The casting removes several welds, each weld removed is one less flow disruption (reduced turbulence). The casting has features milled into it that assure the primary tubes fit VERY concentric every time. Using a casting allows the collector to be designed as a true high velocity merge vs tubing that can only be formed a little bit, and not ideally. The casting is thicker/stronger than formed tube and holds heat better.
- Short Equal Length Primaries. The shortest possible length primaries you can have on an Equal Length header. Short means less header volume and quick spool up.
- Symmetrical Primary Design. All primaries have a similar tube length AND bend geometry. This keeps the pulse velocities high and consistent compared to equal length headers with different (non-symmetrical) primary tubing geometry.
- Smooth Mandrel Bends. All of the bends utilize a mandrel for smooth non-restrictive flow. Not only that, we use the largest bends possible at every location. It would be cheaper to use 2” bends everywhere, like others do, but that’s not going to give the best performance.
- Thick Walled 321 Stainless Steel Construction for Long Life. 321 is alloyed with titanium, costs more, a lot more, but it’s the ideal material for high temperature turbocharged applications. Would 304 stainless work, yes, but the temperatures on our turbocharged cars can exceed the limits of 304 stainless enough to make them brittle and crack. 321 stainless steel has higher strength and toughness at elevated temperatures. It was developed by the aircraft industry specifically to address 304 stainless manifolds that were cracking. Killer B Motorsport is the only company that manufactures full 321 headers.
- High Heat Retention. 321 stainless steel conducts less heat than 304 stainless steel. The short primaries and properly sized secondary's also pull less heat from the exhaust gasses increasing turbine efficiency. Large tubing headers expose the exhaust gasses to more surface area transmitting more heat and reducing exhaust energy. You can also ceramic coat (and keep the warranty) without exceeding the temperature range like you can with 304 stainless.
- Made in the USA and Killer B quality! Every Header setup is inspected, assembled and pressure tested before it ships to assure a leak free setup!
- 2004+ Subaru STi
- 2002-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2004-2013 Subaru Forester XT
- 2004-2009 Subaru Outback XT
- 2004-2009 Subaru Legacy GT
Note: Works with OEM EJ25 Oil Pans, and Killer B Motorsport Performance Aluminum Oil Pan! Fits All WRX & STi EJ Series Engines. Designed to work with OEM location turbo. May not fit some Forester, Outback, and Legacy models with the OEM oil pan and cooler. Always verify fitment prior to purchase.
SHIPPING TIMEFRAME AS OF MAY 2021 - 45 days for the header and then 8-10 weeks additional for SwainTech from ordering - it could be quicker, please reach out to our customer service team to confirm!
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov