GrimmSpeed Strut Tower Brace Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S
You’ve probably read somewhere on the internet that a strut tower brace never does anything but look pretty. You’re about to read otherwise. Armed with a strong background in vehicle dynamics and chassis design, we’ve spent months understanding the BRZ/FRS/86 chassis, testing different designs, collecting data and measuring performance. With the help of the FT86Club community, we’ve developed a strut tower brace that works.
- Laser cut, CNC bent brackets ensure perfect fit
- Mild steel construction provides maximum stiffness
- Rigid design prevents unnecessary slop and tolerance stacking
- Durable DuPont powdercoat
- Legal in autocross classes that allow a strut tower bar but no other modification
- Installation in minutes with only a single tool
One key design decision was to utilize a rigid, welded construction. The reasons for this are three-fold, but what it boils down to is the old standby, ‘Keep It Simple, Stupid’. When the goal is to reduce compliance in the system, it’s not hard to understand why a solid form design is best.
- A rigid bar will function with maximum stiffness, providing the best possible performance
- A multi-piece bar adds unnecessary cost and complexity to a fundamentally simple mechanism
- A multi-piece bar adds additional welding and hardware, stacking tolerances and creating many possible failure modes
- 2013 Subaru BRZ
- 2013 Toyota FRS
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov