GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercooler Subaru WRX 2002-2007 / STI 2004+ / FXT 2004-2008
The bar has been raised...so, you probably already know that you want an intercooler with maximum cooling and minimum restriction, but when it comes to selecting the right one for the job, we think it’s important to understand why. As air is pressurized by your turbo, it heats up, not because of the heat of the turbocharger, but because of it being compressed, the atoms in the air are forced closer together and as a result, move faster and have more energy. That energy manifests itself as heat. The more heat we can remove from the system, the denser the air becomes and that’s what helps eliminate pre-detonation, or ‘knock’, allowing for increased output from your system. Your OEM TMIC does just fine at stock boost under normal use, but as soon as you start putting some real heat into it with higher boost or harder use, it heat-soaks beyond recovery.
- Smooth End Tank Internal Contours - Designed for maximum flow
- Machined Throttle Body Connection - Tight, leak and trouble-free seal
- Machined Flange Faces and Internal Bores - Maximum pressure-tightness and unrestricted flow
- Permanent Mold End Tank Tooling and Casting - Allows much tighter tolerances and higher strength
- Stainless Steel Threaded Inserts - Prevent cross-threading or damaged threads
- High-Density, High-Flow Core - Optimizes heat transfer and minimizes flow restriction for turbo Subarus
- Cleaned, Inspected and Sealed Prior to Shipping - Prevent Engine Damage Due To Foreign Matter
- Includes GrimmSpeed Inlet and BPV Gaskets - The best in the industry!
- Subaru WRX 2002-2007
- Subaru STI 2004+
- Subaru Forester XT 2004-2008
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov