IAG Stage 4 Tuff EJ25 Subaru Closed Deck Short Block For WRX, STI, Legacy GT, Forester XT
Stage 4 Tuff Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Fire-Lock - IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs - Machine case to fit 14mm head studs - *Head studs sold separately
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .906" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tri-Beam +2mm w/ ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts – Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.
Additional Options Available:
- Oil Pump - Subaru JDM High Volume Oil Pump or Subaru 11mm Oil Pump
- Head Gaskets - IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* Required for use with this short block
- Head Studs - IAG / ARP Spec 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter - (PN# IAG-ENG-2081)
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2087)
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2100)
- Hardware / Seal Option - (PN# IAG-ENG-1720) Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you don’t want to transfer from the original engine.
- 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
- 8.2:1 on B, V and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.
Head Gasket Required:
- *IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* PN# IAG-ENG-1740
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Oil Pickup / Oil Control Baffle / Windage Tray Options:
The IAG Performance Subaru WRX / STI oil pickup was designed by Tigwerks to replace the OEM EJ25 oil pickup, which is prone to failure. It’s a well-known fact that the OEM oil pickups often crack and fail which, in most cases, destroys your engine from lack of oil pressure. To avoid the cracking failures seen in the OEM oil pickup tubes, the Tigwerks oil pickup is manufactured from heavy-gauge steel tubing that is 3x thicker than OEM. Additionally, it features a flange machined from 3/8” 1018 CR steel to mate with the block, sealed with a Viton O-ring. The integrated heavy-duty mounting bracket uses two mounting points rather than the OEM single mounting point. Furthermore, the oil pickup features a formed bottom with an OEM style mesh screen for proper filtration. The TIG-welded oil pickup's increased material thickness, matched with the two-point heavy-duty mounting bracket, helps ensure that it does not fatigue and fail over time like an OEM unit.
The IAG Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to limit potential blow-by and prevent oil starvation in your Subaru’s WRX / STI EJ engine during high rpm and high g-force driving. Through the use of Viton one-way flapper valves on our baffle and louvers in our windage tray, oil is prevented from reentering the upper crankcase area and is directed down into the oil pan to ensure plentiful supply to the oil pickup. IAG’s integrated two-piece Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to work with our own oil pickup, as well as other oil pickups*. The baffle fits neatly in the engine crankcase area, allowing normal installation of the OEM oil pan and popular aftermarket pans*.
Oil Pickup & Baffle Install Notes
- EJ20 Subaru WRX engines require EJ25 oil pans for fitment
- IAG oil pickup spacer (Part# IAG-ENG-2081SP) is required when using IAG oil pickup with Killer B Oil Pan.
- *Does not work with Moroso oil pans or pickups
Hardware / Seal Option:
Subaru EJ25 Seal Kit
Not planning on reusing your original short block service plugs and covers? IAG offers a simple comprehensive cover and seal kit that includes (1) Rear main seal, (3) OEM wrist pin plugs, (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers, (1) OEM separator cover, (6) OEM separator cover bolts, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover O-ring and (2) OEM wrist pin service cover screws. *If you are reusing your original wrist pin service plugs and covers always replace the (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers and (1) wrist pin service cover O-ring before installing a short block to avoid potential leaks. *Never reuse a rear main seal on a new short block.
Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov