IAG Stage 4 Tuff EJ25 Subaru Closed Deck Short Block For WRX, STI, Legacy GT, Forester XT
Stage 4 Tuff Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Fire-Lock - IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs - Machine case to fit 14mm head studs - *Head studs sold separately
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .906" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tri-Beam +2mm w/ ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts – Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.
- Oil Pump - Subaru JDM High Volume Oil Pump or Subaru 11mm Oil Pump
- Head Gaskets - IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* Required for use with this short block
- Head Studs - IAG / ARP Spec 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter - (PN# IAG-ENG-2081)
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2087)
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2100)
- Hardware / Seal Option - (PN# IAG-ENG-1720) Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you don’t want to transfer from the original engine.
- *IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* PN# IAG-ENG-1740
Power: The IAG Stage 4 Tuff Short Block has a power output rating of 1000BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks
Oil Pickup / Oil Control Baffle / Windage Tray Options:
The IAG Performance Subaru WRX / STI oil pickup was designed by Tigwerks to replace the OEM EJ25 oil pickup, which is prone to failure. It’s a well-known fact that the OEM oil pickups often crack and fail which, in most cases, destroys your engine from lack of oil pressure.
The IAG Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to limit potential blow-by and prevent oil starvation in your Subaru’s WRX / STI EJ engine during high rpm and high g-force driving.
Oil Pickup & Baffle Install Notes
- EJ20 Subaru WRX engines require EJ25 oil pans for fitment
- IAG oil pickup spacer (Part# IAG-ENG-2081SP) is required when using IAG oil pickup with Killer B Oil Pan.
- *Does not work with Moroso oil pans or pickups
Hardware / Seal Option:
Subaru EJ25 Seal Kit - Not planning on reusing your original short block service plugs and covers? IAG offers a simple comprehensive cover and seal kit that includes (1) Rear main seal, (3) OEM wrist pin plugs, (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers, (1) OEM separator cover, (6) OEM separator cover bolts, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover O-ring and (2) OEM wrist pin service cover screws. *If you are reusing your original wrist pin service plugs and covers always replace the (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers and (1) wrist pin service cover O-ring before installing a short block to avoid potential leaks. *Never reuse a rear main seal on a new short block.
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov