IAG Stage 1 FA20 Subaru Short Block for 2013-20 BRZ / FR-S / GT86 (12.5:1 Compression Ratio)
The IAG Stage 1 short block starts with new Subaru FA 2.0L BRZ engine case halves that are machined for improved oiling. Then the case is bored and honed to 86.25mm on our in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG's in-house honing process is able to set piston to wall clearances tighter for a quieter running engine. The short block is measured and assembled using a new FA20 WRX / BRZ Subaru crankshaft that is matched to King main bearings. IAG-Spec H-Beam rods with ARP2000 rod bolts are utilized along with King or ACL rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM case bolts and sealant. Finally, standard compression IAG-Spec 86.25mm 12.5:1 compression ratio forged pistons are spec'd and installed finishing off the short block.
Stage 1 FA20 Includes:
- Case Halves -Brand new OEM Subaru BRZ FA20 case halves
- Case Machining - Modified for improved oiling
- Case Machining - Bored and honed to 86.25mm
- Pistons -IAG-Spec 86.25mm 12.5:1 Forged Pistons, Ring Set, and .150" x 2.250" Chromoly Wrist Pins
- Connecting Rods -IAG-Spec H-Beam / ARP2000 Rod Bolts
- Rod Bearings - ACL or King XPG
- Main Bearings -King XPG
- Crankshaft -New Subaru FA20 WRX / BRZ crankshaft
- Case / Main Bolts -Standard Subaru case bolts
- Hardware - OEM Oil Plug - comes preinstalled at the oil pan location
Additional Options Available:
- Oil Plugs & Rear Main Seal - (x2) 11024AA141 Plug, (x1) 806792010 Rear Main Seal - $34.99
- 12.5:1 (Standard Compression) on standard gasket thickness.
Model Year & Fitment
Power: The IAG Stage 1 Short Block has a power output rating of 550BHP.
*All IAG Short Blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
- 2013-2020 Subaru BRZ / FR-S
- 2020 Subaru BRZ / GT86
Please review the PDF document below regarding installation, break-in procedures and warranty information.
PDF After Sale Document - Contains Shipping, Engine Care and Warranty Information
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov