IAG Magnum EJ25 Subaru Closed Deck Short Block For WRX, STI, LGT, FXT
The IAG Magnum Short Block starts with brand new Subaru 2.5L engine case halves. IAG machines the case halves assembled together in our Haas VF-4SS CNC mill to accept the IAG CLOSED Deck Inserts that transform the block into a solid deck. The unique inserts feature small passages that allow needed coolant flow to the deck surface. The case halves are then CNC machined for our new Fire-Lock head gasket solution that is loosely derived from diesel technology where a counterbore step is machined around each cylinder bore allowing specially sized fire rings to drop into the machined area and head gasket bores. The Magnum case is then drilled and tapped to accept 14mm head studs that combined with the IAG Fire-Lock head gasket set greatly reduces head gasket failure during high cylinder pressure scenarios. Next, the short block is Deck Plate bored and honed to 99.75mm in our in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG's in-house honing process is able to set custom piston to wall clearances to best fit your needs. The modified case halves are then assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam +2mm connecting rods and ARP 625+ rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main/case bolts and sealant (upgrading to ARP mains requires line honing). Finally, IAG-Spec 99.75mm JE FSR 2618 Forged Pistons with electroless nickel plated tops and ring area as well as upgraded .250" / .906" H13 wrist pins are added to finish the Magnum short block. Additionally, all IAG-Spec piston skirts utilize the JE Perfect Skirt coating.
IAG Magnum Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves -Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Fire-Lock -IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs -Machine Case for 14mm head studs - *Head studs are sold separately
- Pistons -IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .906" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods -IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam +2mm / ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings -ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft -Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts -Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.
Additional Options Available:
- Head Studs -IAG / ARP 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers
- Oil Pump -Subaru JDM 12mm High Volume Oil Pump or 11mm Subaru Oil Pump
- Head Gaskets -IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* Required for use with this short block
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray
- Hardware / Seal Option -(Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you don't want to transfer from the original engine).
- 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
- 8.2:1 on B, V and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.
Head Gasket Required:
- *IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* PN# IAG-ENG-1740
Power: The IAG Magnum Short Block has a power output rating of 900BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Please review the PDF document below regarding installation, break-in procedures and warranty information.
PDF After Sale Document - Contains Shipping, Engine Care and Warranty Information
- 2002-2005 Subaru WRX (Requires Mods)
- 2006-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2004-2020 Subaru STI
- 2005-2009 Subaru Legacy GT
- 2004-2013 Subaru Forester XT
Availability: Usually Ships in 24 to 72 Hours
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov