The brand new, rear AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for 2022 Subaru WRX. As many of you know, we have been struggling with the woefully inadequate brakes on the 2022 WRX since the day we purchased the car.
This is our favorite chassis yet, but the design doesn't give a good way to retrofit the Brembo's from the previous STI to this car.
So, we turned to the experts to help us solve this problem. The guys at Essex Parts Services, Inc./ AP Racing accepted the challenge, and developed an all new kit utilizing their Radi-cal calipers and rotor kit, so our braking problem's will no longer be a problem.
This kit is not inexpensive, this is not for the guy who wants a visual upgrade, but if you want the absolute best street and track braking performance, this is the answer.
- Retains OEM parking brake functionality
- Features AP Racing CP9451 Radi-CAL four piston calipers
- 340x28mm 60 vane heavy duty AP Racing discs
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to work with our front Essex/AP Racing Competition BBK
- One pair AP Racing CP9451 Radi-CAL Pro5000R racing calipers
- One pair 340x28mm AP Racing CP6565 heavy duty J Hook racing discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- Detailed installation instructions
- Brake pads are NOT included with our system. Racing brake pads are a highly personal choice. Many manufacturers include a set of inexpensive, low quality pads with their brake kits. Rather than artificially inflating the price of our system with a set of pads you probably don't want anyway, we've decided to remove the cost from our system and allow our customers to choose the pads that best suit their needs/wants. When purchasing our kit, you are able to choose one set of front pads at a substantial discount vs. the retail price. Please use the drop-down menu to select your pads.
- Pad Tension Clips (frequently referred to as anti-rattle clips) are NOT included with our Competition Kits, but we do offer them as an option if you're concerned about NVH. One of the great benefits of the AP Racing calipers in our system is that they are designed to accommodate pads from a wide range of manufacturers. Each manufacturer builds their pads with specifications that are slightly different. As such, pads from different manufacturers, or even from different batches, won't always fit in the calipers in exactly the same manner. Some pads are a snug fit, while others may rattle around and produce noise. The Essex Designed Pad Tension Kit is designed to dramatically reduce pad movement inside the caliper, along with just about all resulting noise. Please note that each caliper requires one Pad Tension Kit. If you need enough tension blocks for both of your calipers, you need to order two of these kits!
This is the NEW NEW so it may not be ready to ship same day, but please don’t panic! We can likely put it in your hands very soon. For brake kits or disc kits, they typically have the components on-hand to build one for you, and most ship within 2 business days of the order date. Please call us at 904-531-5260 for a firmer delivery timeline.